Re: [AMBER] Minimizations and Equilibrations for TI

From: Brian Radak <radak004.umn.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 11:49:16 -0400

Vivek,

Minimization and equilibration in AMBER *can* be done with icfe and ifsc
flags (and obviously without as well). Whether or not one *should* do those
steps with/without TI flags is another matter.

There has been some discussion in the literature about "Hamiltonian
lagging" (although I can't name any specific articles at present). That is,
the time needed to find large Boltzmann weight configurations after
switching Hamiltonians is much longer than one might expect (*i.e.* too
long) and therefore a long equilibration without TI flags is potentially
inadequate. Whether or not this is true for your system is an open question.

Regards,
Brian

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 11:20 AM, Vivek Shankar Bharadwaj <
vbharadw.mymail.mines.edu> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I am attempting to perform TI calculations for my enzyme system.
>
> I was wondering if the the Minimizations and Equilibration steps can be
> done independent of TI calculations i.e. Do the minimizations and
> equilibration MD runs w/o the ifsc icfe flags in the input.
>
> --
> Vivek S. Bharadwaj
> Graduate Student
> Department of Chemical and Biological Engg.
> Colorado School of Mines
> Golden Colorado

================================ Current Address =======================
 Brian Radak                                             :     BioMaPS
Institute for Quantitative Biology
 PhD candidate - York Research Group       :     Rutgers, The State
University of New Jersey
 University of Minnesota - Twin Cities         :     Center for Integrative
Proteomics Room 308
 Graduate Program in Chemical Physics     :     174 Frelinghuysen Road,
 Department of Chemistry                          :     Piscataway, NJ
08854-8066
 radak004.umn.edu                                 :
radakb.biomaps.rutgers.edu