Re: [AMBER] [q4md-fft] Problem related to the installation of RED

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 12:24:13 +0200

Dear Sindrila Dutta Banik,

> The gaussian version is 09 B.01 in my case. Is there any option to
> run RED tools with the mentioned version of Gaussian.

- If you do want to use Gaussian B.01 look at
http://ambermd.org/bugfixesat.html you can find:
"In Gaussian09 rev B.01, the facility to write out the electrostatic
potential on a grid of points was inadvertently deleted. This means
that antechamber and resp jobs won't work as they should. Fernando
Clemente of Gaussian has kindly provided a script to work around the
problem. Download the fixreadinesp.sh file, and follow the
instructions there. (Note: you will have to make the script executable
by typing chmod +x fixreadinesp.sh.) "

get http://ambermd.org/fixreadinesp.sh and apply what is described there.
However, this is not implemented in the R.E.D. tools.

You could also:
- Order Gaussian C.01 and use it with R.E.D.
- Install Firefly/GAMESS and use it/them with R.E.D.
- Directly use Gaussian 03 E.01 or 09 C.01 and R.E.D. Server/R.E.D. IV
at http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDS/

regards, Francois