[AMBER] REMD simulation

From: gargi borgohai <gargib2011.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 11:16:08 +0530

Dear AMBER users,
           I am trying to perform REMD simulation of a peptide and water
over the temperature range 274-480K distributed among 40 replicas. I want
to ask if I have only 16 processors then can I perform REMD simulation for
the 40 replicas not simulating all of the replicas at a time but in three
steps i.e. if i simulate first 16 replicas followed by next 16 replicas and
finally the last 8 replicas. Will it cause any difference while analysing
the results ( regarding the exchange criteria ) in comparision to those
obtained from REMD simulation of all the replicas at a time ( i.e.when 40
replica is simulated at 40 processors )?

Thanking you.
Sincerely
Gargi Borgohain.
IIT Guwahati.