[AMBER] Problem in nmode analysis of single water molecule by MMPBSA.py

From: Sanjib Paul <sanjib88paul.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 16:50:11 +0530

Dear Amber Users,
                             For a test I calculated vibrational modes
of a single water molecule by MMPBSA.py. There is a WAT unit in xleap
and the inpcrd and prmtop file is generated form that. Then I run
MMPBSA.py using the following input file-
normal mode calculation
 &general
  startframe = 1,
  endframe = 1,
 /
 &nmode
  nmode_igb = 0
 /

The vibrational normal modes obtained from here are
bending = 1996.938 cm^-1
symmetric stretch= 3735.841 cm^-1
antisymmetric stretch = 5952.802 cm^-1

But in literature I have seen that the last two frequencies in gas phase are
symmetric stretch = 3657 cm^-1
antisymmetric stretch = 3756cm^-1

So, here the difference is significant.

I tried it in quantum mechanical software TURBOMOLE. Here also I used
same initial coordinates. The result is good here.
bending = 1642.33 cm ^-1
symmetric stretch = 3651.30 cm^-1
antisymmetric stretch = 3754.15cm^-1

So, what wrong am I doing? What should I do? Please help

Sanjib