Re: [AMBER] performance of pmed.cuda.MPI

From: Gould, Ian R <i.gould.imperial.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 08:04:58 +0000

Dear Tru,

You will have to check very carefully the spec of the motherboard, most
will only run at x8 PCI-E when you have 3 or more graphics cards in them
and that will cripple even non mpi performance.

Also you will need a huge power supply, a huge case and lots of
cooling.... I would suggest building two machines each with two 690's in
them, it will probably work out the same cost or only a little more
expensive. Same applies if you want to put 4 680's in a single case.

Cheers
Ian

Women love us for our defects. If we have enough of them, they will
forgive us everything, even our intellects.
Oscar Wilde,
--
Dr Ian R Gould
Reader in Computational Chemical Biology