Re: [AMBER] About Langevin dynamics algarithm

From: Mo Chen <mc842.cornell.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 13:17:09 -0400

Hi Brian,
I have run the NVT Langevin dynamics for hundreds of nanoseconds, but the
MSD vs. tau curve of the organic ions was not linear. I understand now that
the the self-diffusion coefficient calculated from a Lagenvin dynamics
simulation is not physically meaningful. As you said, the diffusion could
be well defined. So I wonder if I should definitely redo my simulation
using NVE simulation (ntt=0) to get meaningful self-diffusion coefficient?
Or calculation-wise, the self-diffusion coefficient should not be much
different between the two calculations. Thank you!

Best,
Mo