Re: [AMBER] GAMESS_RESP

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 09:54:08 +0200

Dear Shomesankar Bhunia,

> I have generated the GAMESS log file (after the warning the job
> is running fine) and derived the RESP charge using RED tools and generated
> the mol2 file.

The warning you reported is about using COORD=CART in GAMESS.
There are some explanations about COORD=CART vs COORD=UNIQUE at:
see http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2918240/#S7title
the part related "Charge reproducibility"

or see the GAMESS manual ;-)

> I next used the mol2 file in AMBER ... ANTECHAMBER package
> to develop the .prmtop and .inpcrd files for the ligand.

You could use Antechamber to add the atom types or these atom types
could be added using a LEaP script (see the 'set' command for instance
at http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDDB/projects/W-46/script1.ff).
prmtop/prmcrd files are generated with the LEaP program once again.

> The main problem
> is when i transferred the .prmtop and .inpcrd files of the ligand in VMD it
> is displaced from the protein site.

if I understand you your ligand for which you have generated a new FF
library is embedded in a protein.

> Its staying out from the protein
> binding cavity.A change in coordinate has occured for the ligand.

oh oh something wrong here...

You need to load in LEaP the force field (FF) of your choice in LEaP
with the corresponding FF libraries and your new FF library for your
ligand. Then you load in LEaP your PDB file that contains the ligand
in the protein (i.e. often an experimental structure from the protein
data bank); you define the solvation conditions and the counter ions
if needed. At the end when you create the prmtop/prmcrd files the
Cart. coordinates will be taken from the PDB file, while the charges &
FF atom types will come from the FF libraries. Thus, the Cart.
coordinates in the FF libraries do NOT matter.

> I have
> again submitted a GAMESS job using COORD=UNIQUE.

If you choose the rigid body-reorientation algorithm in R.E.D. it does
not matter.

> I didnt get a WARNING this time.

this is normal because COORD=CART is not used.

> I have to see what happens after the job is complete.

This will change nothing for the problem you reported above. I think
the way you use the FF libraries in LEaP is wrong: the Cart.
coordinates in the FF libraries do NOT matter.

> I have
> another problem although i have four cpu workstation i cant distribute the
> job in four cpus, instead it is running in one cpu. I searched and tried a
> lot by changing NCPU== 4 and setting hostname to localhost, but the same
> message" i dont know how to run the job in parallel" is coming.

ok in another email.

regards, Francois