Re: [AMBER] Antibiotics Parameters

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2012 14:51:35 +0200

Dear Rezvan,

> Thanks Francois for your help , I guess I am on the track now. RED
> is a bit time consuming but due to what you said it worths it.

This is normal because you use a QM program and the optimization
threshold defined is tight.

You could use R.E.D. Server as well although these days it is down for
upgrade...

> A quick unrelated question: What is the latest antechamber version
> with mopac?

I think the semi-emp. 'sqm' tool is used in the AmberTools by now.

regards, Francois

> [...]
>>> understand what is going on in Fig 1 of the tutorials.
>>
>> So we missed the role of this image ;-)

>> This image tries to summarize the central role of a force field
>> library (or a set of force field libraries in the mol2 (or mol3
>> file format)) when one wishes to run MD simulations at
>> q4md-forcefieldtools.org: You start from PDB input file(s), where
>> atom and residue names are (more or less correctly) defined (by the
>> user). You execute Ante_R.E.D. to generate P2N file(s) from these
>> PDB input file(s). From the P2N file(s) mol2 files are generated by
>> R.E.D. Then, these mol2 files are loaded in LEaP (& associated
>> with a selected force field and other FF libraries; atom types are
>> also added in LEaP at this stage: see below) to generate the
>> prmtop/prmcrd files for a complex molecular system; these
>> prmtop/prmcrd files are directly used for MD simulations using
>> sander/pmemd (AMBER) or indirectly used for MD simulations using
>> CHARMM.
>>
>>> Are these parameters, AMBER parameters or CHARMM's?! Does it mean
>>> till producing Mol2/Mol3 files nothing different is going on?!
>>
>> mol2 vs mol3: see http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/leap-mol3.php
>>
>> mol2 file: see http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/leap-mol2.php
>>
>> I would like to underline that the 'savemol2' command has been
>> incorporated in LEaP by C. Cezard at q4md-forcefieldtools.org; we
>> also have developed the mol3 file format.
>>
>>> Then how these files turn into "rtf" format? Is it just rtf
>>> format with AMBER parameters or CHARMM parameters. As you know
>>> for sure these two force fields have totally different parameters.
>>
>> The mol2 files generated by R.E.D. does not contain any FF parameter!
>>
>> savemol2 unit mol2filename option
>> -> utility of the 'option' add or not add the FF atom types of a
>> given force field
>>
>> These FF atom types are added using a LEaP script...
>> See all the projects in R.E.DD.B. for instance W-46:
>> http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDDB/projects/W-46/
>> & its LEaP script:
>> http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDDB/projects/W-46/script1.ff
>> where the FF atom types ... for the Cornell et al. FF are defined.
>>
>> I am sure you can invent your own story for mol2 vs mol3 vs rtf
>> file formats and AMBER vs CHARMM ;-)
>>
>> The new version of R.E.D. (we are working on) will handled many new
>> features (& the P2N & mol2 files will not be used anymore).
>>
>>> This is exactly what I am trying to do:
>>
>> I understand ;-)
>>
>>> Find the AMBER parameters for an antibiotic which is inside a
>>> ribosome. I have AMBER parameters for ribosome in "CHARMM format"
>>> (because I run MD in NAMD and it needs CHARMM format). I need to
>>> have something similar for the antibiotic. Basically AMBER
>>> parameters, but once I got them I have to change the format to
>>> "CHARMM"'s.
>>
>> "find the AMBER parameters"? I would answer you have to validate
>> the AMBER parameters in the CHARMM context...

           F.-Y. Dupradeau
                 ---
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/FyD/