Re: [AMBER] GAFFLipid Parameters

From: Adrian Roitberg <roitberg.ufl.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 09:48:51 -0400

Right, I agree, this was the missing link! I will read the paper, but it
looks like you guys pulled it off. Finally we should be able to simulate
lipids without having to break simple laws of physics like everyone else
has been doing.

I gave up on lipid simulations a long time ago after checking that the
results were simply not believable.

adrian

On 9/14/12 9:44 AM, Dickson, Callum wrote:
> Hi Adrian,
>
> There was no surface tension applied, that was essentially the point of this work if you have a look at the paper! The van der Waals parameters of the lipid carbon chains needed correcting to avoid the use of a surface tension.
> We will be incorporating these parameters with lipid11 soon.
>
> Cheers,
> Callum
>
> Callum:
>
> did you get away with it without needing a surface tension term? That
> would be awesome !
>
> adrian
>

> On 9/14/12 9:36 AM, Dickson, Callum wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> All of our runs were on GPUs with the amber11 cuda code, generally achieving around 30ns/day for a 72 lipid bilayer (the 288 bilayers were around 7ns/day).
>>
>> Best,
>> Callum
>>
>> hello Ian:
>>
>> thank you for such generous comments. May I ask was it finished with
>> CPU or GPU? and How fast is it?
>>
>> thank you very much
>> Albert
>>
>> On 09/14/2012 03:10 PM, Dickson, Callum wrote:
>>> The standard protocol we used for bilayer simulation is in the methods section of both Lula Rosso's paper from 2008 and our recent paper. We did a two stage minimisation, followed by heating in NVT and further equilibration in NPT. I have put input files for a 72DOPC bilayer below (303K). If you are simulating DPPC or POPE then just change the temperatures accordingly.
>>>

>>> 1) 72_min1.in
>>>
>>> first stage minimization
>>> &cntrl
>>> imin = 1,
>>> maxcyc = 1000,
>>> ncyc = 250,
>>> ntb = 1,
>>> ntr = 1,
>>> cut = 10,
>>> /
>>> Hold the solute fixed
>>> 500.0
>>> RES 1 72
>>> END
>>> END
>>>
>>> 2) 72_min2.in
>>>
>>> second step of minimization
>>> &cntrl
>>> imin = 1,
>>> maxcyc = 5000,
>>> ncyc = 2500,
>>> ntb = 1,
>>> ntr = 0,
>>> cut = 10
>>> /
>>>
>>> 3) 72_md1nvt.in
>>>
>>> nvt run
>>> &cntrl
>>> ig = -1,
>>> imin = 0,
>>> nstlim = 10000,
>>> dt = 0.002,
>>> irest = 0,
>>> ntx = 1,
>>> ntb = 1,
>>> ntt = 3,
>>> gamma_ln = 1.0,
>>> tempi = 0.0,
>>> temp0 = 303,
>>> ntr = 1,
>>> ntc = 2,
>>> ntf = 2,
>>> cut = 10,
>>> ntpr = 100,
>>> ntwx = 100,
>>> ntwr = 1000
>>> /
>>> Keep solute fixed with weak restraints
>>> 10.0
>>> RES 1 72
>>> END
>>> END
>>>
>>> 4) 72_md2npt.in
>>>
>>> npt run
>>> &cntrl
>>> imin = 0,
>>> nstlim = 25000, dt = 0.002,
>>> irest = 1,
>>> ntx = 7,
>>> ntb = 2,
>>> ntp = 2,
>>> pres0 = 1.0,
>>> taup = 0.5,
>>> ntt = 3, gamma_ln = 1.0, tempi = 303, temp0 = 303,
>>> ntr = 0,
>>> ntc = 2, ntf = 2,
>>> cut = 10,
>>> ntpr = 100, ntwx = 100, ntwr = 1000
>>> /
>>>
>>> 5) 72_md3npt.in
>>>
>>> npt run
>>> &cntrl
>>> imin = 0,
>>> nstlim = 85000, dt = 0.002,
>>> irest = 1,
>>> ntx = 7,
>>> ntb = 2,
>>> ntp = 2,
>>> pres0 = 1.0,
>>> taup = 1.0,
>>> ntt = 3, gamma_ln = 1.0, tempi = 303, temp0 = 303,
>>> ntr = 0,
>>> ntc = 2, ntf = 2,
>>> cut = 10,
>>> ntpr = 100, ntwx = 100, ntwr = 1000
>>> /
>>>
>>> 6) 72_npt_50ns_10Acut.in (Example production run of 50ns)
>>>
>>> npt production run
>>> &cntrl
>>> imin = 0,
>>> nstlim = 25000000, dt = 0.002,
>>> irest = 1,
>>> ntx = 7,
>>> ntb = 2,
>>> ntp = 2,
>>> pres0 = 1.0,
>>> taup = 1.0,
>>> ntt = 3, gamma_ln = 1.0, tempi = 303.0, temp0 = 303.0,
>>> ntr = 0,
>>> ntc = 2, ntf = 2,
>>> cut = 10,