Re: [AMBER] MMPBSA.pl masks

From: Chiara Pallara <chiara.pallara.bsc.es>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 17:00:49 +0200

Thanks very much.
Sorry for the mistake, Actually, I'm trying to use mm_pbsa.pl.
In the .DECOMP section of the input, I have to set the receptor and
ligand residues.
I don't know how I can set, as receptor, the residues from 1 to 310 and
from 482 to 483 (2 ions of Mg2+).
Can You help me?
Chiara

On Thu, 2012-09-13 at 10:56 -0400, Jason Swails wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 8:24 AM, Chiara Pallara <chiara.pallara.bsc.es>wrote:
>
> > Hi Amber,
> > I'm trying to perform a binding energy decomposition (on a pairwise
> > per-residue basis) on a protein-protein complex with Amber MMPBSA.pl
> > script. I don't know how I can set my receptor/ligand residues masks
> > since they correspond to no-consecutive residues.
> > Thanks a lot for your help!
> >

> This is a little confusing. There are two MM/PBSA scripts in Amber (one in
> AmberTools, one in Amber). One is MMPBSA.py, and the other is mm_pbsa.pl.
> Only MMPBSA.py uses Amber masks (and requires continuous residues for
> proper mask guessing). Therefore, I'm going to assume you're using
> MMPBSA.py.
>
> Let's pretend your complex is 100 residues. Let's also pretend that you
> have 2 ligand sequences (this can happen if you have a dimer, for
> instance). This would mean that the first 50 residues are in the first
> monomer and the second 50 residues are in the second monomer. If the
> ligand is the last 5 residues in each monomer, then your receptor residues
> would be residues 1-45 and 51 to 95. Your ligand residues would be 46 to
> 50 and 96 to 100. Your receptor_mask and ligand_mask would then be
>
> receptor_mask = :1-45,51-95
> ligand_mask = :46-50,96-100
>
> If you are you are using the mm_pbsa.pl script, the input is different.
>
> HTH,
> Jason

WARNING / LEGAL TEXT: This message is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
information which is privileged, confidential, proprietary, or exempt
from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended
recipient or the person responsible for delivering the message to the
intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing,
distributing, copying, or in any way using this message. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the sender and
destroy and delete any copies you may have received.

http://www.bsc.es/disclaimer