Re: [AMBER] Probably simple but, I'm stuck.

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 14:31:20 -0400

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 2:07 PM, Sasha Buzko <obuzko.ucla.edu> wrote:

> Jonathan,
> the syntax for addions command is as follows: addions <model_name> <ion>
> <number of ions>
> The last argument is the number of ions you wish to add, not the desired
> total charge.
>
> In your case, the command will be: addions pdb Na+ 3

If you use "addions pdb Na+ 0", it will add as many ions as necessary to
neutralize the system (or print out an error of the net charge is already
positive). 0 is a special case, however. Any positive number will add
that many ions (so in this case, 'addions pdb Na+ 0' and 'addions pdb Na+
3' have the same effect).

HTH,

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida