Re: [AMBER] changing isotope in QM/MM simulation

From: Andreas Goetz <agoetz.sdsc.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 13:32:59 -0700

Dear Pär,

The QM/MM code assigns atomic numbers based on the first letter of the atom name and the mass. Currently it is assumed that the nitrogen mass does not exceed 15.0 u. You can modify the source code accordingly. Edit

$AMBERHOME/AmberTools/src/sqm/qmmm_module.F90

look for the code fragment
    elseif( Upcase(atom_name(1:1)) .eq. 'N') then
       if(atom_mass > 13.0d0 .and. atom_mass <= 15.0d0) then
          atomic_number = 7 !Nitrogen

and replace 15.0d0 with a number that is large enough for your purposes and recompile.

All the best,
Andy

On Sep 7, 2012, at 8:49 AM, Hakansson P. wrote:

> Dear all,
> I better add to my question below that I am using amber 11 and
> atom type (for N2O) is defined in prmtop as
> %FLAG AMBER_ATOM_TYPE
> %FORMAT(20a4)
> n1 n1 o
>
> My question is how to change from 14N to 15N in QM/MM simulation.
> Kind regards,
> Pär
>
> Dr Par Hakansson (B30/room 3047)
> NMR group, School of Chemistry