Re: [AMBER] igb=7, 8 incompatible with the ILDN modifications of ff99SB

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 09:25:54 -0400

oh yeah, I see it now. that's what I get for trying to answer questions
early in the AM!
I do not at all recommend igb=7. the underlying model is good, but the
parameters were not well optimized. We refit them for igb=8 and the
performance is far better. you'll also want mbondi3 radii.

the easiest way for you to debug this is to actually look at the radii that
leap assigned in each of the cases. It could indeed be that the ILDN atom
types aren't compatible with the radii logic in leap- typically leap does
need to know more than just the element in order to set the radii. getting
an error is the best case- it's possible to set them incorrectly for your
molecule and actually get bad behavior without an error.... leap really
doesn't know that much about chemistry.

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 9:20 AM, Vlad Cojocaru <
vlad.cojocaru.mpi-muenster.mpg.de> wrote:

> Carlos,
>
> I mentioned already I am using AMBER 12 ... But it was kind of between
> the lines .. Sorry for that !
>
> Best,

Vlad