Re: [AMBER] Amber12 Question

From: David A. Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 10:14:28 -0400

On Fri, Sep 07, 2012, Buback, Clayton (S&T-Student) wrote:

> I am trying to use Amber to run simulations on a large
> non-biomacromolecule containing around 14,000 atoms. The molecule is
> novel, and I have created my own PDB file to run. All atoms are recorded
> as HETATM, and all located in one residue (also novel) called X5Q.

You have to create a library file for each novel entity, telling LEaP how to
construct a force field representation. See Tutorial B4 to get started.

Basically, LEaP has no intelligence: it is simply a bookkeeping program that
matches atoms and residues in your PDB file with atoms and residues in a
template library. (Type "list" at the tleap prompt to see what it knows about
by default.) If you have novel things, you have to create libraries that
describe them.

....dac