Re: [AMBER] transition metal system works on pmemd crashes on pmemd.cuda

From: Patrick von Glehn <patrickvonglehn.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2012 18:27:04 +0100

Hi Jason and Scott,

Unfortunately bugfix 9 has not solved the problem.

To reiterate for anyone else who is interested, molecular dynamics on
my system of interest runs smoothly with pmemd but the system blows up
when run with pmemd.cuda on GPUs (a few atoms in the region of the
hexacoordinated cobalt fly off in different directions). This happens
with either a 0.002ps timestep or a 0.000002ps timestep.

I initially ran the calculations on NVIDIA Tesla M2090 GPUs with
pmemd.cuda_SPDP and then I tried again on Nvidia Fermi M2050 GPUs with
bufix.9 applied.

Input files can be found attached to the first message in this thread.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Patrick von Glehn
PhD student in the Harvey and Mulholland groups
Centre for Computational Chemistry
University of Bristol