Re: [AMBER] Announcement: Major GPU Update

From: Ye MEI <ymei.itcs.ecnu.edu.cn>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2012 21:13:18 +0800

Dear Ross,

Thank you very much for the update.
But I have one question. Will I have any problem with this new patch if I have both K10 and C2050 installed in one box?

Best regards,

Ye
2012-09-03

From£º Ross Walker
Date£º 2012-09-03 20:53:45
To£º AMBER Mailing List
CC£º
Subject£º [AMBER] Announcement: Major GPU Update

Dear all,
I just wanted to bring to your attention that we have released a long
awaited update to the AMBER 12 GPU code. This update primarily brings
Kepler and GTX6XX support to the AMBER 12 GPU code but also includes a
number of additional updates, enhancements and minor bug fixes. Released
as bugfix.9 this specifically includes:
    i) Support for Kepler K10 and GTX6XX GPUs
    ii) New high performance, lower memory footprint hybrid fixed
precision model: SPFP
    iii) Support for REMD using 1 GPU per replica.
    iv) Various bugfixes for aMD and IPS simulations.
    v) Tweaks to igb=5 GB model to bring it in line with original paper
and NAB implementation.
    vi) Support for GPU accelerated NMR restraints.
    vii) Improved serial performance.
    viii) Reduced memory footprint.
    ix) More comprehensive test suite.
    x) Adds deterministic operation irrespective of GPU core count.
This bugfix will be automatically applied when $AMBERHOME/configure is
run. Hence you should rebuild the GPU code in order to activate this
update. Please note this update requires NVCC v4.2. Unfortunately there
was no way to avoid this and maintain backwards compatibility with earlier
versions of the NVIDIA toolkit.
All the best
Ross
/\