Re: [AMBER] Lipid bilayer coarse-grained simulations

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2012 11:06:27 -0400

On Sun, Sep 2, 2012 at 2:20 AM, Bharath K. Srikanth <s.bharath.iitg.ernet.in
> wrote:

> I would like to perform coarse-grained MD simulations on a general lipid
> bilayer. Are AMBER and the new LIPID11 force field suitable for such use?

Amber does not support coarse-grained simulations yet.

> If not, what other alternatives do I have available to me?

My suggestion is to look at the existing literature for studies similar to
the one you're attempting and see what software they use. I'm pretty sure
gromacs supports coarse graining, but I'm not sure.

HTH,

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida
Ph.D. Candidate