Re: [AMBER] Dummy atom and PMEMD

From: Ali M. Naserian-Nik <naseriannik.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 11:50:57 +0430

To add two non-bonded dummy atoms I do the following steps:

1- First make a library file containing the dummy atom information (like
the file dh.lib attached) 2- Modify the PDB file by adding lines such this

TER

ATOM 761 DH DHA 25 3.109 11.283 -12.000 1.00 0.00
DH

TER

ATOM 762 DH DHA 26 16.137 -28.812 120.000 1.00 0.00
DH

TER

3- Load the dh.lib and modified PDB files into tleap and create a new
library file such as du2.lib. 4- Modify the du2.lib by adding the missed DH
names in this file.

5- Create a modified force field file, du.frcmod file, in which only the
mass of dummy atom is non-zero (please, see attachment).

6- Load the modified force field and du2.lib files into tleap and add
solvate box to the system.

7- Finally, I create the topology and coordinate files (I attach the
created topology file).

Is there any thing wrong?

The error massage which pmemd stop working with it, when the model is made
by above steps is:

| ERROR: PMEMD does not support single H residues!

| Atom number 761, Residue number 25

Thank you.