Re: [AMBER] Installation problem of AmberTools of AMBER11

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 16:03:27 -0400

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 2:58 PM, Sanjib Paul <sanjib88paul.gmail.com> wrote:

> When I extract AmberTools.tar.bz2 these lines come at last portion.
> bzip2: Compressed file ends unexpectedly;
> perhaps it is corrupted? *Possible* reason follows.
> bzip2: Inappropriate ioctl for device
> Input file = (stdin), output file = (stdout)
>
> It is possible that the compressed file(s) have become corrupted.
> You can use the -tvv option to test integrity of such files.
>
> You can use the `bzip2recover' program to attempt to recover
> data from undamaged sections of corrupted files.
>
> tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
> tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
>

> If you need any further information please let me know. I will write u.

It sounds like you're not letting the download finish. How large is
AmberTools12.tar.bz2? It should be 86 MB. What is the md5sum of
AmberTools12.tar.bz2?

To get the md5sum, run:

md5sum AmberTools12.tar.bz2

You should see the output:

md5sum AmberTools12.tar.bz2
1b4edca5e386c0bbdabd7aef4cfc4d7d AmberTools12.tar.bz2

The md5sum is 1b4edca5.... -- these numbers should be EXACTLY the same as
the ones you get. If they are not, there is a problem.

(Also, be careful about posting passwords online).

HTH,

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida
Ph.D. Candidate