Re: [AMBER] parallel run error

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 06:52:14 -0400

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 1:04 AM, najmul arfin <syednajmularfin.gmail.com>wrote:

> dear users,
>
> i installed my AMBER in series and run the test file, the series
> installation is okay.
> But, when i installed parallel version....installation is okay but i
> have problem in test files...
>

> test files for parallel are:
> test_2p.dat---for 2 processors(atleast parallel run is complete)
> test_4p.dat--for 4 processors(parallel run is complete with error
> showing processors>2, exiting)
> test_6p.dat--for 6 processors (incomplete run)
> test.8p.dat--for 8 processors (incomplete run)

I'm not sure what the question is here... I only looked at test.8p.dat,
but it doesn't appear to be 'incomplete'. And some of the 'errors' have
corresponding, legitimate error messages (like needing more processors than
residues), so nothing looks horribly wrong to me.

The addles and jarzynski tests should be looked at more closely if you plan
on running those simulations to make sure they are working.

Also be sure you applied all bug fixes here:
http://ambermd.org/bugfixes9.html

HTH,

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida