Re: [AMBER] amber 12 installation error

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 13:58:17 -0400

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 12:04 PM, Shuyi Cao <scao4.uic.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to install amber12 mpi version. I chose the gnu compiler and I
> have added mpicc and mpif90 to my path, however, when I typed "make install
> ", there was an error message showing "ifort: command line warning #10006:
> ignoring unknown option '-ffree-form'". Dose anyone have any idea about
> this error message?

Your MPI was configured and built with the Intel fortran compiler. Use the
commands:

mpif90 -show

to see which compiler is being used. After you confirm that it's using
ifort, re-build your MPI using the GNU compilers, or use the
configure_mpich2 script provided in $AMBERHOME/AmberTools/src to build a
compatible MPI following instructions in the AmberTools manual.

HTH,

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida
Ph.D. Candidate