Re: [AMBER] COM coordinates

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 15:00:56 -0600

Hi,

Its possible you could get this information with the 'vector' keyword:

vector <mask1> <mask2> out vec.dat

this will output a file "vec.dat" with 10 columns:

frame vx vy vz cx cy cz cx+vx cy+vy cz+vz

Where v denotes the magnitudes of the vector components and c denotes
the origins of the vector components.

-Dan

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 4:57 PM, Vishal Maingi
<maingi.ambquery.gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Is it possible to know the coordinates of center of mass of masked residues
> for each frame over a trajectory? I need the perpendicular distance, for
> which I want to use Z coordinate only of COM, between two masked residues
> COMs.
>
> I was not able to find (or I missed it) such inbuilt functionality with
> ptraj or cpptraj / may be source c files need to be played with to print
> values?
>
> thanks,
>
> --
> *****