Re: [AMBER] FW: Re: How to Calculate SASA with Amber?

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 23:59:38 -0400

On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 11:52 PM, E. Nihal Korkmaz
<enihalkorkmaz.gmail.com>wrote:

> I am also having the same problem with the following command and input file
> with an error message of the typical " Could not find cntrl namelist", I
> sincerely appreciate any suggestions.
>
> $AMBERHOME/exe/sander -O -i calc_sasa.in -p ../prot.top -y input_traj -o
> sasa.out -c one_of_the_restart_files
>
> Find SASA
> &general
> imin=5,
> keep_files=2,
> verbose=2,
> interval=10,
> strip_mask=":Cl-:Na+:WAT",
> &end
> &gb
> surften=1,
> igb=5,
> gbsa=2,
> saltcon=0.2,
> &end

You appear to be trying to mix MMPBSA.py input files and sander input
files. I suggest scanning through Chapter 2 of the Amber reference manual
and potentially running through some tutorials on using Amber.

However, if all you're interested in is calculating the surface area of a
trajectory, I suggest looking into cpptraj, specifically the "surf"
command, which can do this.

HTH,
Jason

> Best,
>
> --
> Elif Nihal Korkmaz
>
> Research Assistant
> University of Wisconsin - Biophysics
> Member of Qiang Cui & Thomas Record Labs
> 1101 University Ave, Rm. 8359
> Madison, WI 53706
> Phone: 608-265-3644
> Email: korkmaz.wisc.edu