Re: [AMBER] amber10 install

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 21:22:58 -0400

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012, Qian Wang wrote:

> I am a user of Amber10. I have two questions.
>
> 1. When I install the Amber tools, I got the following error:
> make[1]: Entering directory `/amber10/src/nab'
> gcc -c -m64 -DBINTRAJ   -D/amber10/src/flex y.tab.c
> <command-line>:0:1: error: macro names must be identifiers

Weird. Look at your config.h file. It should have a line like

LEX = flex

Somehow this might look the following(?):

LEX = /amber10/src/flex

I can't quite see how that could have happened (assuming it did), unless
there was some hand-editing of the configure or config.h file.

> 2. I found that I can neglect the above error and continued to install
> Amber. The installation can be finished successfully. It will produce
> "sander" and it works fine. Why? (I thought I need to install Amber
> tools first before I install Amber...)

You got the parts of AmberTools needed for sander.

...dac