Re: [AMBER] Problems when using cpptraj for reimaging when INPCRD file is one of the input frames

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 14:29:34 -0600

Hi,

I've got it figured out - the problem here resulted specifically from
the fact that the first restart file you read in has no velocity
information, while the rest of the restart files did. This is a
problem that could only happen when reading a series of restarts with
the first restart not having velocity info and any following restarts
having velocity.

Internally what happened is that since the first restart had no
velocity, cpptraj didnt allocate space for velocities. This meant
there was no space allocated for velocity info for subsequent
restarts, since the parm never changed (which would normally trigger a
reallocation of the frame). This in turn meant that after the first
restart was read (correctly), subsequent restarts were read as if they
had no velocities, i.e. the first line of velocity was being read as
box coords, which in turn led to the nasty behavior you saw.

Since ptraj doesn't try to read velocities it did not have this issue.

I am working on a bugfix now. Thanks again for the report.

-Dan

--