Re: [AMBER] question about calculation of PMF with WHAM

From: Daniel Sindhikara <sindhikara.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 10:40:00 +0900

To add. This all depends on your WHAM program too. Most WHAM programs have
a certain formula for umbrella sampling. You need to make sure which
formula they use k_i(x-x_i)^2 or 1/2k_i(x-x_i)^2. If you use modular
reweighting software, you directly input the log of the biasing factor ->
ln(-U_umbrella/kT). This skips the need to interpret the formula of the
WHAM software (but as always, you need to know what the biasing potential
used in the simulation was).

-Dan

Dr. Daniel J. Sindhikara <http://www.dansindhikara.com/Information.html>
Ritsumeikan University <http://www.ritsumei.ac.jp/eng/>