Re: [AMBER] resp charge calculation

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2012 18:45:31 +0200

Dear Jit,

Concerning your question:

> Can the esp charge be regarded as the resp charge?

- You should first read the following papers:
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/RED/reference.php
U.C. Singh & P.A. Kollman J. Comput. Chem. 1984, 5, 129-145.
    vs
W.D. Cornell, P. Cieplak, C.I. Bayly & P.A. Kollman J. Am. Chem. Soc.
1993, 115, 9620-9631.
C.I. Bayly, P. Cieplak, W.D. Cornell & P.A. Kollman J. Phys. Chem.
1993, 97, 10269-10280.
P. Cieplak, W.D. Cornell, C.I. Bayly & P.A. Kollman J. Comput. Chem.
1995, 16, 1357-1377.

- Then, you could compare RESP vs ESP charges from R.E.DD.B.
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDDB/
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDDB/download.php

-- R.E.DD.B. code (if known)
-- Molecule keyword Organic molecule
-- Molecule name
-- Author lastname
-- Theory level/Basis set

Result(s) for search by Molecule keyword Organic molecule

Project name Organic solvent
Project code W-46 RESP Connolly surface
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDDB/projects/W-46/
Project name Organic solvent
Project code W-47 RESP CHELPG
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDDB/projects/W-47/
Project name Organic solvent
Project code W-48 ESP Connolly surface
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDDB/projects/W-48/
Project name Organic solvent
Project code W-49 ESP CHELPG
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDDB/projects/W-49/

- You could run R.E.D. Server and generate RESP (for instance by
selecting the RESP-A1A charge model) vs ESP charges (vs the ESP-A1
charge model) for your molecule.
See http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDS/popup/popkeyword.php

regards, Francois