Re: [AMBER] Restraint problem

From: Jérôme Golebiowski <jerome.golebiowski.unice.fr>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 12:13:51 +0200

If you are performing an umbrella sampling and this extends your molecule to
larger value than your box size, you should enlarge your box.
Otherwise, maybe just setting iwrap to 1 will help keeping the protein close to
the box center.
HTH.
Best,
Jerome

Selon Fernando Martín García <fmgarcia.cbm.uam.es>:

> Dear Amber users,
>
> I have a "technical" problem with a distance restraint. I'm working
> with a protein with a 12 angs. TIP3 box. The simulation time is 30 ns.
> After 20 ns, a small part of the protein is out of the box. The problem
> is that one of the residues out of the box has a restrain with one
> residue in the part of the protein inside the water box, so the value
> changes, what it causes a high restraint value. Is there any solution
> for this?
>
> Thanks
> Fernando Martín García
> Molecular Modelling Group - Lab 312.1
> Molecular Biology Center "Severo Ochoa"
> C/ NICOLáS CABRERA, 5.
> UAM University. Cantoblanco, 28049 Madrid. Spain.
> TEL: (+34) 91-196-4662 FAX: (+34) 91-196-4420
> Web: http://fertoledo.wordpress.com/

Jérôme Golebiowski
Institute of Chemistry - Nice
Molecular Modeling Team
UMR 7272 CNRS, University of Nice Sophia Antipolis
06108 Nice cedex 2, France
tel: +33 (0)4 92 07 61 03
http://www.unice.fr/icn
http://www.unice.fr/icn/golebiowski