Re: [AMBER] angles and dihedrals for lone pairs

From: Ivanov, Maxim <maxim.ivanov.marquette.edu>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 22:19:48 +0000

Thank you Dr. Case for your reply.

I looked at the code in extra_pts.f and played a little bit with TIP5P water and got confused…
According to the code EP around oxygen in TIP5P has to be in tetrahedral sites with angle between two EP equal 54.735*2=109.470. And this angle has to be fixed.
However, minimization of TIP5P give values around 109.5 degrees depending on number of steps. What is the reason for this?
As I understand, it can't be because of energy minimization since EP don't have any forcefield parameters except bond length. By the way, bond length is varying in the forth decimal place as well which also confuses me since I set the value to 0.7000 in frcmod file. It is too large error to be computational error, there must be something behind.

Also, in parm99EP.dat I can see that there are some values for angles between atoms and EP (like EP-S-EP). Do they play any role in calculations at all?

Thank you,

Maxim Ivanov