Re: [AMBER] charge derivation for simulations in organic solvents

From: Dr. Vitaly V. G. Chaban <vvchaban.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 11:18:06 -0400

You can simulate a cluster of your solvent molecules using some
high-level ab initio method, e.g. MP2, and compare charges to those
from HF (in vacuum!). If you find them more or less concerted, then
use HF (in vacuum). If not, either correct the HF charges somehow or
use the results from MP2 (of several molecules).

It is not an exact methodology, nor MP2 is computationally cheap, but
it is probably the only way to get reliable picture without engaging
physical experiment.

vitaly