Re: [AMBER] Bug in AmberTools12 cpptraj? 'trajout onlyframes' doesn't work

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 09:52:42 -0600

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 9:38 AM, Marc van der Kamp
<marcvanderkamp.gmail.com> wrote:
> Whilst trying to make a small test-case (with just a few frames), I have
> not been able to reproduce the error.
> To my surprise, the original job works as well now.

Computers can be annoying like that :-). However, if you can ever
reproduce the problem and you have the time please send a test case my
way.

> Apologies for 'wasting' your time!

Not a waste - bug reports from the community are what keeps software healthy.

> What remains, is that it wasn't clear from the manual that only the default
> trajectory output (formatted AMBER crd) can be written when using
> onlyframes. Not a big deal of course, as it can be converted to other
> formats once it is created.

Any format can be written with the 'onlyframes' option; it's a keyword
that can be specified in addition to any of the other 'trajout'
options (this is in fact the reason why the test case writes both a
trajectory and restarts with 'onlyframes'). If you find that trajout
with 'onlyframes' is ignoring a specified format please let me know,
that would be a bug.

-Dan