Re: [AMBER] Amber12 issue with SMD protocol

From: David Case <dacase.rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 12:02:30 -0400

On Jul 26, 2012, at 9:14 AM, Jan-Philip Gehrcke <jgehrcke.googlemail.com> wrote:

> Actually "the only sure-fire way of forcing a buffer flush is to close
> the open file unit" is unprecise.

My question is this: is this a real problem? I very rarely have jobs that fail to finish or fail to get the results written to disk. And I generally limit any single run to one or two days, in order to limit the loss if something prevents results from being dumped to disk. And in the rare times when something bad happens, I almost always start again from the last fully completed run, and never try to rescue some partial set.

So, what are other people's experience? Are there places where this is a bigger problem than I see?

...dac