[AMBER] Bfactor for binding site waters

From: Senthil Natesan <sen.natesan.yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 09:26:36 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Amber Users,
Greetings.

I would like to calculate B-factor for only ~10-15 water molecules (closest to the ligand).

Hbond analysis shows that there are 4-5 water molecules making strong (high occupancy and lifetime) H-bond interactions with the
binding site residues as well as the ligand.  I am not sure how to accomplish this task.

I am familiar with calculating bfactors for residues (after rms fitting with the reference (average) structure).

what I have tried  sofar ?
I created a new trajectory with Na+ stripped and only with closest 50 waters (the water molecules visually show huge fluctuations).
I am not really sure that the closest water molecules that are kept as closest remain the same through out the trajectory.

Now I am doing the bfactor calculation with the new trajectory.
step 1: average structure
step 2: rms fit with average
step 3: bfactor

Am I on the right track ? Please suggest me if I am doing anything wrong ?

Thanks,

Senthil