Re: [AMBER] Help with amber12 at ORNL

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 13:02:38 -0400

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012, Foertter, Fernanda S. wrote:

> I'm trying to help a user compile Amber12 on Jaguar here at ORNL and I
> keep getting stuck at a nab2c test.
>
> I get the errors below:
>
> ~/codes/amber12/AmberTools/src/nab> ../../bin/mpinab2c -c -v dna3.nab
> nab2c: Internal error: nfname required

We need more context: the above command is not supposed to work, and you would
need a "-nfname" flag, as the error message indicates. So the question is:
how was the command created? Is it a part of the "make" process? What was
happening before this?

[One oddity is that, as far as I can see, Amber12 Makefiles never refer to
"../../bin" anymore, but but use the full path to $AMBERHOME instead. So I'm
looking for more information about what commands you typed, and maybe the full
log the make process.]

> amber12/bin/mpinab -v -c allatom_to_dna3.nab
> Illegal instruction
>
> my flags are: ./configure -crayxt5 -nomtkpp -static -noX11 -mpi gnu

This looks harder. Can you try removing the -crayxt5 and -static flags?

....dac