Re: [AMBER] Problem with MMPBSA using a solvated structure topology

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 09:03:15 -0400

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 8:53 AM, Osman, Roman <roman.osman.mssm.edu> wrote:

> Thanks Jason,
> I figured this one out on my own.
> It's a pity this change prevents the use of solvated non periodic
> trajectories. It had some freedom that was useful instead of creating
> multiple trajectories.
> Perhaps you may consider reinstating it with some other options that will
> let the program know whether the solvated topology is periodic or not.
> Thanks for your help,
> Rami

I will likely turn this into a warning instead of a fatal error. I agree
it's probably a little overzealous in terms of checking. You can disable
this check by hand with possibly no adverse side effects by commenting out
lines 621 and 622 of make_trajs.py (in
$AMBERHOME/AmberTools/src/mmpbsa_py/MMPBSA_mods).

All the best,

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida
Ph.D. Candidate