Re: [AMBER] Defining bonds between calcium and protein

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 08:02:22 -0400

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012, Zalikha Ibrahim wrote:

> I am new to Amber. I am using Amber8 and wanted to simulate a protein
> with 5 calcium ions as regulator.

I'd strongly recommend upgrading to a current version. Amber 8 was released
eight years ago, and the code and its force fields are quite out of date.

> > bond 1WD9.349.OE1 1WD9.900.Ca
> bond: Argument #2 is type String must be of type: [atom]
> usage:  bond <atom1> <atom2> [order]

Use the "desc" command in LEaP to find atom and residue names in your unit.
LEaP numbers residues starting at 1, and it may have different numbers than
you think.

> 2) I couldnt find frcmod.ff99SB file (it may due to the use of Amber8,
> this is all I have). Can I just use ff99?

The current recommended protein force field is ff12SB. You need an update.

....dac