Re: [AMBER] ambertool12 installation in Cygwin

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 18:32:31 -0400

On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 9:04 AM, case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 15, 2012, 钟舜 wrote:
>
> > $ $AMBERHOME/patch_amber.py –update-tree
> > /home/administrator/amber12/patch_amber.py: line 1: #!/usr/bin/env: No
> > such file or directory
>
> You need to use the cygwin setup program to install "env". According to
> http://cygwin.com/packages/, this is in the "coreutils" package.
>
> [This may represent a change in cygwin: I've always had /usr/bin/env in my
> distro, but http://ambermd.org/mswindows.html doesn't list coreutils as a
> required package....]

That's almost certainly because coreutils is pulled in by one of the
required packages as a dependency. I recently built AmberTools on a Cygwin
box for work, and documented all of my suggested packages here:
http://jswails.wikidot.com/windows-cygwin

Note this has more than is just required for Amber, and represents a list
of my suggestions based on what is helpful to me. The
http://ambermd.org/mswindows.html site is probably complete, and Amber
should build after installing those packages. Note I also had coreutils
installed, even though it's not explicitly listed on my wiki site.

All the best,

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida
Ph.D. Candidate