Re: [AMBER] lipid params

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 06:43:00 -0700

Hi Jio,

> 3) Few lipids are there now in lipid11 (that charmmlipid2amber.x uses).

Most lipids should be available since you can combine any tail with any head
group so I'm not sure I understand what you mean by few lipids are
available. Do you mean the charmmlipid2amber script does not contain the
lipid combination you want? It should work with all those offered by the
Charmm GUI. What do you need specifically?

> As far I was following recent archive mails AMBER will provide params
> which can be used without surface tension once it is published. So the
> params in lipid11 will change after it is published or these are same
> params which can be used without surface tension?

No the parameters will not change for Lipid11. There will be an updated
force field, likely termed lipid12 released most likely with an updated
version of AmberTools.

All the best
Ross

/\