[AMBER] PB with inp=2 doesn't recognize ff10 atom types? (Amber Archive Mar 2012)

From: Miguel Ortiz Lombardia <miguel.ortiz-lombardia.afmb.univ-mrs.fr>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 14:21:40 +0200

Hi,

I have found the problem described here :

http://archive.ambermd.org/201203/0332.html

I'm using AmberTools12 along with Amber11 installed as per the
instructions in the AmberTools 12 manual.

The problem appears with both the serial and parallel versions of
MMPBSA.py. I hit this problem when running per-residue free energy
decomposition on a one-trajectory set-up. Interestingly, I don't see the
problem when calculating the binding free energy of the system from a
three-trajectory set-up, even if I also require PB analysis.

I would like to know if this has been solved and there is a patch
available. I have applied all the 14 bugfixes for AmberTools 12, to no
avail.

Amber11 is patched up to patch 16, which I applied some time ago, before
installing AmberTools12. By the way I'm unsure how to apply further
patches to Amber11 now that I am using AmberTools12.

If a patch to solve this issue is not available, is the work-around
described in the above page safe to use?

Thank you!

--
Miguel
Architecture et Fonction des Macromolécules Biologiques (UMR7257)