Re: [AMBER] lipid params

From: Jio M <jiomm.yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 02:10:01 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

thanks for nice suggestions,

>> Just ensure that the ff parameters are kept as in the original paper even if you need to change the name of the atom type.

the paper I mentioned was in 2008, at that time I think p5 atom type was available, but they still used p4!

and also can you please suggest something any reason regarding "S" configuration they used.

CHARMM GUI provides R lipids. But Also I cant find standard paper reference saying lipids exist in R or S form so they should be used for simulations. Just using R or S blindly looses the importance of stereochemitry we learnt in Junior schools :-)