Re: [AMBER] atoms on phosphonic acid groups collapse during minimization

From: Dr. Vitaly V. G. Chaban <vvchaban.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 19:05:42 -0400

I think everyone will tell you that using the Mulliken charges is not
an appropriate practice in classical MD, since your electrostatics
will be totally unrealistic.

It is difficult to judge why hydrogens collapse onto oxygens without
the particular snapshots. Perhaps, there is some erratum in angles or
dihedrals for these atoms?

Dr. Vitaly V. Chaban, 430 Hutchison Hall
Dept. Chemistry, University of Rochester
120 Trustee Road, Rochester, NY 14627-0216
THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA