[AMBER] entropy calculations

From: bmartini <bmartini.ibt.unam.mx>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2012 11:50:49 -0500

 Hello Amber users,
 I have had some problems running entropy calculations using nmode with
 the following parameters.
 &general
    endframe=50, keep_files=2,
 /
 &nmode
    nmstartframe=5, nmendframe=45,
    nminterval=5, nmode_igb=1, nmode_istrng=0.1,
 /
 Something that strikes my attention is that the same script did not
 give any problem when the size of my complex was 2600 atoms but for the
 case of 6010 atoms, the calculation is not accomplished and when I
 review the progress.log file, the next information appears:
 Running MMPBSA.MPI on 4 processors
 Reading command-line arguments and input files...
 cpptraj found! Using
 /global/home/egarciah_g/egarciah/amber12/bin/cpptraj
 ptraj found! Using /global/home/egarciah_g/egarciah/amber12/bin/ptraj
 mmpbsa_py_nabnmode found! Using
 /global/home/egarciah_g/egarciah/amber12/bin/mmpbsa_py_nabnmode
 Preparing trajectories for simulation...
 50 frames were processed by cpptraj for use in calculation.
 9 frames were processed by cpptraj for nmode calculations.
 Beginning nmode calculations with
 /global/home/egarciah_g/egarciah/amber12/bin/mmpbsa_py_nabnmode
   calculating complex contribution...

 It looks like the process had been stopped and err file did not give
 any information. Someone who knows how to deal with this problem? It
 could be a system size problem, couldnĀ“t it?

 Thanks in advance