Re: [AMBER] AMBER 12 benchmarks

From: Jan-Philip Gehrcke <jgehrcke.googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2012 15:06:09 +0200

Hey,

interesting work.

Are there any changes in the "core MD engine" (memory management,
message passing, ...) of pmemd from Amber 11 to Amber 12 that support
the measured differences with respect to performance and memory
consumption or are these differences due to slight variances in the
experimental environment (due to other jobs running on the same nodes,
varying network performance, ...)?

Regards,

Jan-Philip