Re: [AMBER] TI calculation Amber 12

From: Anna Bauß <anna.bauss.physchem.uni-freiburg.de>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2012 11:36:30 +0200

Hey,

I still have the same problem whith my TI calculations. My interest in
the calculation ist the charge transfer from one to another residue. The
two pdb files are hence indentical exept the residue's charges. The
error messages I get immediately after starting the calculation are:

Running multisander version of sander Amber12
     Total processors = 2
     Number of groups = 2

MPI_ABORT was invoked on rank 0 in communicator MPI_COMM_WORLD
with errorcode 1.

NOTE: invoking MPI_ABORT causes Open MPI to kill all MPI processes.
You may or may not see output from other processes, depending on
exactly when Open MPI kills them.
mpirun has exited due to process rank 0 with PID 3734 on
node PC2-KOS19 exiting without calling "finalize". This may
have caused other processes in the application to be
terminated by signals sent by mpirun (as reported here).
[PC2-KOS19:03733] 1 more process has sent help message help-mpi-api.txt
/ mpi-abort
[PC2-KOS19:03733] Set MCA parameter "orte_base_help_aggregate" to 0 to
see all help / error messages
MPI_ABORT was invoked on rank 1 in communicator MPI_COMM_WORLD
with errorcode 1.

NOTE: invoking MPI_ABORT causes Open MPI to kill all MPI processes.
You may or may not see output from other processes, depending on
exactly when Open MPI kills them.

  Running multisander version of sander Amber12
     Total processors = 2
     Number of groups = 2

   Error opening unit 30: File "515_now_min_0.00.rst" is missing or
unreadable

   Error opening unit 30: File "517_now_min_0.00.rst" is missing or
unreadable
mpirun has exited due to process rank 1 with PID 3739 on
node PC2-KOS19 exiting without calling "finalize". This may
have caused other processes in the application to be
terminated by signals sent by mpirun (as reported here).
[PC2-KOS19:03737] 1 more process has sent help message help-mpi-api.txt
/ mpi-abort
[PC2-KOS19:03737] Set MCA parameter "orte_base_help_aggregate" to 0 to
see all help / error messages

To find the problem, we already tried the following:

Amber test runs - all successful
Old TI files which already ran successfully in Amber 10 - successful
Systemsize was checked by not adding a waterbox, didn't make any difference.
Every sytem for itself can be simulated and converges in a time window
of 0.5 ns.
TI with the same file for V0 and V1 as suggested by Tom results in the
same errors as TI with different files.

We have no idea what the reason for the MPI aborting is and would be
thankful for any helpful comments.

Best regards

Anna Bauß