Re: [AMBER] How to call up ptraj in supercomputer facilities? should I use mpi?

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2012 11:23:24 -0400

As Ben said, you should *not* use mpirun with ptraj. If you have ptraj.MPI
available, you can call that with mpirun, but using "mpirun" with serial
ptraj, you will have $NP different serial ptraj processes all clobbering
each other...

Note, "mpirun" is *only* for use with MPI programs.

HTH,
Jason

On Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 6:28 AM, Catein Catherine <askamber23.hotmail.com>wrote:

> Dear Amber users,
> Could you mind to let me know if we should call up ptraj with mpi like
> this in supercomputer facilites?
> mpirun --machinefile $LSB_DJOB_HOSTFILE -np $NP $AMBERHOME/exe/ptraj
> xxx.prmtop < in.ptraj > out.log &
> Should I use mpirun like sander.mpi does?
> Best regards,
> Catherine

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida