Re: [AMBER] a question on molecular dynamics simulation of key residue mutated protein

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 19:51:21 -0400

The question really is what is the timescale of the opening. Domain motions
tend to be relatively slow compared to md- perhaps micro or milliseconds.
You most likely would need some enhanced sampling methods for such slow
motions. Another approach may be to look at a different method, perhaps
using a course grain rather than atomic model.