[AMBER] REMD structure failure

From: Do Yong Kim <kdy2002.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 11:48:02 -0500

Hello Amber Users,

I am following REMD AMBER tutorial with a 15 amino acid peptide, and I am
running in to some problems right now.

I made prmtop and inpcrd files from xleap by loading preexisting pdb file
that I have.

After this I made minimization file and followed the instructions on the
tutorial and using the same conditions as the tutorials have. Up to this
point the equilibrated structures looks normal, no non-sense bond distance
nor close atoms present. However, when I do the remd, the
resulting structures from the simulation, the structures basically blow up,
resulting blobs of atoms. I have played with cut and rgbmax but no useful
results were obtained.

Did anyone encounter these problems before? any help will be greatly
appreciated.

I am using these input parameters for my remd

 &cntrl
   irest=0, ntx=1,
   nstlim=500, dt=0.002,
   irest=0, ntt=3, gamma_ln=1.0,