[AMBER] Bad atom MN in free energy decomposition with MMPBSA.py

From: Cao Yang <muxiachuixue.163.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 22:26:08 +0800 (CST)

In my inhibitor-protein complex, there is a MN ion. I used the following command to run per-residue free energy decomposition with MMPBSA.py in AmberTools 12.

MMPBSA.py -O -i mmpbsa.in -o FINAL_RESULTS_MMPBSA.dat -do FINAL_DECOMP_MMPBSA.dat -sp com_solv.prmtop -cp com_nosolv.prmtop -rp receptor.prmtop -lp ligand.prmtop -y *.mdcrd

Here is the input file:

Per-residue GB and PB decomposition

&general

   startframe=3500, verbose=1, search_path=1,

/

&gb

  igb=5, saltcon=0.100,

/

&pb

  istrng=0.100,

/

&decomp

  idecomp=1,

  dec_verbose=3,

/

The program aborted with the following error:

Beginning GB calculations with /home/Amber/amber11/exe/sander

  calculating complex contribution...

CalcError: /home/Amber/amber11/exe/sander failed with prmtop A-WFE-nw-nc.prmtop!

When the MN ion was replced by a MG ion, no such error was found in the output file.

It seems that the parameter of MN should be added to the file mdread.f in AMBERHOME/src/sander. Does anyone know how to get the relative parameter of MN?

Or could I use the one of Fe instead?

Thanks!

Cao Yang