[AMBER] modeling GDP

From: Brandon Sim <simpavid.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 14:43:52 -0400

Dear all,

I have searched through the AMBER archives already for a solution to this
problem, but I'm still unsure of how to address this issue:

I am trying to model GDP using AMBER, but I am having trouble using
antechamber. I am familiar with the GDP/GTP parameters located at
http://www.pharmacy.manchester.ac.uk/bryce/amber#box, but I am assuming
(though I may be incorrect) that I still have to run antechamber on my GDP
molecule in order to generate a .mol2 file to load into a library for
further minimisation, etc. To perform minimisation and further simulations
involving GDP in complex with other molecules, do I indeed need to generate
the .mol2 file, etc?

If so, then -

The error that I encounter is the odd electron problem:

Total number of electrons: 227; net charge: -2
INFO: Number of electrons is odd: 227
      Please check the total charge (-nc flag) and spin multiplicity (-m
flag)

The input PDB file I am using is attached. I have specified a net charge of
-2 in my command:

$AMBERHOME/bin/antechamber -i GDP_2.pdb -fi pdb -o GDP.mol2 -fo mol2 -c bcc
-s 2 -nc -2

Thanks in advance,
Brandon