Re: [AMBER] Leap. Error messages on renaming ASP to AS4 etc.

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 16:23:11 -0400

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012, George Tzotzos wrote:

> The total charge of my COMPLEX is 2.000
>
> I added Cl- (addions COMPLEX Cl- 0) and solvated the box.
>
> When I tried to save the parameter file, I got
>
> For atom: .R<Cl- 127>.A<Cl- 1> Could not find type: Cl-
> For atom: .R<Cl- 128>.A<Cl- 1> Could not find type: Cl-
> Parameter file was not saved.
>
> Looking at leaprc.constph I see that atom Type Cl- is defined.

Please see Section 2.11 ("Ions") in the AmberTools12 Reference Manual.
You need to issue the command "loadAmberParams frcmod.ionsjc.<watermodel>" to
choose the ion parameters that go along with the water model you have chosen.
[Although the manual is correct, it is really too bad that no example is
given!]

More disturbing, however, is the fact that you are loading leaprc.constph for
a solvated simulation. Unless I am missing something( Jason???) Amber12 does
*not* support constant pH in explicit solvent.

If you wish to run a low pH (not constant pH) simulation in explicit solvent,
you need to use the ASH and GLH residues for asp and glu (not AS4 and GS4).

[Someone please correct me if I am wrong here! I know there is development
work going on towards running constant pH in explicit solvent, but I don't
think this capability is in Amber12.]

....dac